Knots 3D v3.0.0, v3.0.5 for Google Play (12/31/2012, 1/6/2013)
Knots 3D v3.0.5 for iOS (1/11/2013)
Knots 3D v3.0.5 for Amazon (1/10/2013)
Knots 3D v3.0.6 for Barnes and Noble (1/21/2013)
New in this release:
- 7 new knots: Double Bight Figure 8 (Bunny Ears), In-line Figure 8 (Directional), Sailor’s Cross, Single Rope Braid, True Lover’s Knot, Turk’s Head
- Limited localization: Knot names listed in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Russian!
- Alternate knot names (synonyms) shown on list screen (ABoK numbers still available on detail screen)
- Hyperlinks for navigating between related knots
- Related knot section shows images for those knots.
- Zoom in/out on detail text using standard mobile browser mechanisms
Performance improvements and bug fixes including:
- Correction to Rapala Animation
- Knot touch interaction (knot should now always spin in the natural direction e.g. with the finger direction, not opposite as sometimes occurred)
- Knot should not rotate during one finger swipe — only during intended two finger rotate gesture
- New list view control providing faster transitions between screens
- Favorites appear immediately in list screen after being selected in detail
- Hi-res icon for Kindle Fire and Android Tablets
Knots 3D v2.9.7 for Google Play (10/24/12)
New in this release:
- Minor UI changes – Consolidation of Category and Class (renamed to “Type”) into one list separated by section headers. Addition of a “Collection” section header. Removal of Category/Class selector buttons.
- Fixed last row not visible/selectable defect
Android Google Play Only:
- Fixed invalid package issue due to an invalid v2.9.5 apk file being uploaded to Google Play
- Removed permissions temporarily re-introduced into v2.9.6
BUG FIX SUBMITTED, PENDING APPLE REVIEW: v2.9.1 of Knots 3D was released to the iTunes store 10/9/12 with updates for iOS6 and the new 4″ display on the iPhone 5. Unfortunately it introduced a minor bug on older devices with smaller screens where the last row of the knot list is not reachable or displayed, e.g. Zeppelin Bend. This bug has been fixed and submitted to Apple. We expect it to be approved and available on or around 10/18. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
The Knots 3D Team
Another complimentary review, this time from I Use This App.
Knots 3D by Nynix is a reference app that teaches you how to tie over 80 different types of knots! I don’t know about you, but there’s only ONE kind of knot I know how to tie. If I had to put a name to it, I would just have to call it the “regular” knot, lol… Read More
Knots 3D is one of today’s featured apps on Free App A Day (FAAD)! Knots 3D will continue to be free today (9/11) and tomorrow (9/12).
Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the app during the past two days. The reviews have been encouraging and very fun to read!
Every good outdoorsman should know how to tie several different kinds of knots. The right knot could save your life someday. Knots 3D will not only show you how to tie knots via an animation, but also explains how the knot is commonly used and allows you to view the knot in a rotating 3D view. The app features 80 different knots.
Another sweet feature is a full-screen view where you can swipe your finger up or down to see the knot slowly built or undone, so you can take learning at your own pace. You can also pinch and reverse pinch to get a close up/farther away view of the knot. You can save favorite knots for fast access.